quinta-feira, 12 de janeiro de 2023

Certains songs...

 

Reports in the literature are limited in evaluating the complications of penetrating laryngotracheal injuries

Mario López, Stella Martinez and Carlos Carvajal,

J Cardiothoracic Trauma 2022;7:10-14.


    I was listening to Milton Nascimento and, at the same time, contemplating a dense scientific article written by a group of surgeons from Bogotá. The melody was instrumental, but inevitably the lyrics levitate slowly and pass through the clear light of the relationship with what is read: Certain songs that I hear fit so deep inside me, that I need to ask how I didnt do it?” And I kept admiring that article that freed me from the lost ideas in my thoughts.

    The more I read, the more I felt like a liar, thinking I had written that article. What audacity (or schizophrenic outbreak)! In my conjectures, there is a sore point that emergency surgeons tend not to discuss: the follow-up and the risk of late complications in patients with neck and airway injuries. So, I need to say how I didn't write this article. How did I not write that thought?

    Gathering the pieces of the floor, it's no longer time to regret. It's time to transform the ideas into a scientific article and disseminate it to the world, with the database we have. Our number of cases (in six years) is greater than those in the Colombian article published in The Journal of Cardiothoracic Trauma - a new journal whose editors are the legendary Kenneth Mattox, the renowned Demetrios Demetriades and the paladin Moheb Rashid. I sent an e-mail to editors and Rashid, one of those surgeons who is passionate about the trenches of trauma - as I once was - who does his best for this journal, answered me. The article is called Factors Associated with Early Complications of Surgical Management due to Penetrating Laryngotracheal Trauma in Colombia”, by Mario López, Stella Martínez and Carlos Carvajal. Stella is well known among Brazilians in the area of thoracic surgical oncology, but, from about what I have read, she also shares her knowledge in the field of trauma.

    The work will serve as a pillar for ours, in the statistical analysis phase, in which it evaluates, by rigid endoscopy (videolaryngotracheoscopy), the long-term behavior (at least three months), the patients who were admitted to the emergency room, after trauma to the larynx and trachea.

    As every job always leaves a room for the next one, a kind of call, the airways group at the Galileu hospital (SUS/SESPA/Government of Pará) dares to propose an answer to the queries of the Colombian job, which confesses: it is important to highlight that the limitations of this study are related to its retrospective design, a small number of patients in a single center, and a short follow-up time. Despite this, this study is one of the first to describe the factors associated with early complications of penetrating laryngotracheal trauma in the literature, the factors associated with early complications of penetrating laryngotracheal trauma.

    Now it's a matter of waiting for Mattox, Demetriades and Rashid, from The Journal of Cardiothoracic Trauma, to accept our proposal to answer the questions of the Colombian group. Such acceptance may represent what I usually call the positive entropy of the scientific universe, that is, Milton Nascimento and Tunai, the Brazilian authors are happy to say that, the heat of reading invades, burns, and encourages”.

Prof . Roger Normando, MD

Thoracic Surgery – Hospital Universitário Barros Barreto - Universidade Federal do Pará - Brazil

Nenhum comentário: